Although India is considered to be one of the fastest developing countries, many rural Indians still struggle in abject poverty. This is generally due to a lack of education which empowers young people by developing their knowledge and skills. The reality is that millions are still unemployed even in modern-day India. The purpose of CRHD is therefore to strive for a holistic approach towards human development for those who are politically oppressed, socially considered to be outcasts and economically exploited in various ways.
To help address this, CRHD opened Kids Paradise nursery school in 2002 and the Higher Primary school in 2004. CRHD also started two Women’s Tailoring Training Centres which aim not only to help women develop their skills but also to enable them to become self employed. In this way CHRD works towards the total Human Development of people.
CRHD is an NGO (Non Governmental Organisation) dedicated to change in India by focusing on basic education which is a necessary tool in bringing about Social and Economic change for the underprivileged people of India. In addition it addresses health care, the environment and the socio-economic conditions of women so as to empower them in Indian Society.
CRHD Organisation Profile:
CRHD is a registered society /trust both in India and the UK. It has FCRA certification from the government of India to receive funds from abroad. Also CRHD has income tax exemption under 80 G in India.
- CRHD is an Ecumenical Christian Organisation
- CRHD is an independent NGO (Non Governmental Organisation) having charitable status in the UK and India.
- CRHD projects in India are inclusive and do not exclude anyone on grounds of caste or creed
- CRHD is fully committed to reducing the extreme poverty in the area of Raichur, Karnataka State, India, by supporting educational development programmes
- To support and expand Kids Paradise school in Turukanadoni village.
- To support and expand a women’s project in Raichur providing medical advice, family counselling, tailoring skills & adult literacy classes.
- To raise capital for the construction of the education centre in Raichur.
- To access and raise funds in India through indigenous resources.
- To build a student hostel for less privileged young people.
- To set up an agricultural project.
- To provide a training centre for teachers and Christian pastors.
- To facilitate Inter-faith dialogue.
Established a Higher Primary School in 2002 and now has a roll of 170 children.
100% of the children in our school are from the village. Most of them are farmers’ children, living below the poverty line. The main occupation of parents is either farming or work as daily labourers. 95% of the children’s parents are illiterate. Classes range from Nursery to year Seven with a total strength of 170 children.
The school has 9 well qualified teachers (with a teachers’ training diploma or degree). Due to lack of transportation, the school provides a school Jeep for staff to travel in to school on time.
The tailoring centre: There is a committed and qualified manager to oversee all activities of CRHD in India. It has well qualified staff to train women coming from different social, economic and religious backgrounds. So far more than 500 women have been trained in the centre and empower them to support their families.
Also it as has purchased 5.4 acres of land for Educational purposes.